A Negotiated Benefit Through Our CWA-State of NJ Contract
The Healthcare Ombudsperson Program is a joint venture between CWA and the State of New Jersey to provide education and counseling to employees, to resolve employee issues effectively and efficiently, and to work collaboratively to create better healthcare outcomes.
If you have a healthcare question or assistance with your benefits, please reach out to your branch president or other representative, and they will get you in contact with the CWA Local 1031 Healthcare Ombudsperson.
2023 Plan Updates
Be aware that healthcare costs will be increasing for plan year 2023.
- Members on CWA Unity Direct & OMNIA Plans
- Employee contributions increase by 3% in 2023
- Specialist Co-Pays increase to $30 (Unity) or $20/$35 (OMNIA Tier 1/2)
- Urgent Care Co-Pays increase to $45 (Unity) or $35/$50 (OMNIA Tier 1/2)
- Members on Horizon HMO & High Deductible Plans
- Employee contributions increase by Chapter 78 Rates
- Use the Horizon Health Benefits Calculator to see your costs
- RUTGERS UNIVERSITY & Employees – Click HERE
- No increase in prescription costs!
Active Employees Medical Plan Information
NJ State Workers in CWA have access to several medical plans. The most commonly selected “CWA Unity PPO” plan (sometimes called NJDirect 2019/NJDirect 2019 PPO on state documentation).
2023 Information (Effective 1/1/2023)
- Compare All Medical Plans (2023 Plans)
- 2023 Employee Contribution Costs Calculator: Horizon Health Benefits Calculator – 2023 Costs
Division of Pensions and Benefits
Our health plans are administered by the NJ Division of Pensions & Benefits, to go directly to their website use the links below.
- State of NJ – Department of the Treasury – NJDPB | SHBP for Active Members
- State of NJ – Department of the Treasury – NJDPB | SHBP for Retirees
All changes to your health insurance benefits are done through the Benefitsolver website.
Select programs for CWA members enrolled in the NJ State Health Benefits Programs (NJ SHBP)
NJ WELL – Earn $350
Your well-being matters. NJ Well provides inclusive and holistic experiences to meet members’ needs through activities and educational programming to support healthy lifestyles. Obtain 800 points and earn a reward.
myChoice Find A Provider
A fast, easy, and smart way to find and book healthcare. Formerly known as Amino Health.
- Log in through the MyNewJersey Portal and click the “Benefits Solver” link
- Use the “My Choice Find a Provider” Link on the right hand side of the screen
Horizon Health Guides
You’ll get the most from your benefits because your Horizon Health Guide knows your benefits inside and out — and they want to get to know you too!
Earn a $20 monthly reward for going to the gym or getting your steps in. Available to members and their dependents.
Horizon Blue365 Deals
Blue365 is a free health and wellness discount program offered to you as a member of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield System. We offer year-round discounts on gym memberships, fitness gear, healthy eating options and more.
Conquer back or joint pain with this in-home, app-based exercise program. Available to members and their dependents.
Other Horizon Health Programs
New Jersey SHBP and SEHBP members and covered family members have access to a Direct Primary Care doctor’s office with Everside Health (formerly Paladina Health and R-Health) with no co-pays, no out of pocket costs, and no changes to your health benefits. Everside Health doctors provide comprehensive, personalized primary care (both in person and virtually) with a full range of services including preventive care, urgent and sick care, health and wellness coaching, chronic disease management, care coordination, and much more. Other benefits include:
- Same- and next-day sick and urgent appointments
- 24/7 virtual care access with the Everside Everywhere™ mobile app for online scheduling, prescription refills, online messaging, and virtual appointments
- Little to no wait to see your Everside Health doctor
- Onsite labs, medications, and immunizations at no additional cost
Everside Health offers many convenient locations including:
- Cherry Hill – 1040 Kings Hwy. N., Ste. 104, Cherry Hill, NJ
- Clifton – 4 Brighton Rd., Ste 208, Clifton, NJ
- Ewing – 34 Scotch Rd., Ste. 1, Ewing, NJ
- Hamilton – Quaker Bridge Road – 3840 Quakerbridge Rd., Suite 110, Hamilton, NJ
- Hamilton – Whitehorse Mercerville Road – 1601 Whitehorse Mercerville Rd., Ste. 5, Hamilton, NJ
- Jersey City – 631 Grand St., #2-500, Jersey City, NJ
- New Brunswick – 205 Easton Ave., Ste 2, New Brunswick, NJ
- Tom’s River – Location coming soon
- Voorhees – Glendale Executive Campus 1000 White Horse Rd., Ste 202, Voorhees, NJ
- West Orange – 405 Northfield Ave., Ste 105, West Orange, NJ
- Willingboro – Location coming soon
- Yardley – 301 Oxford Valley Rd., Ste 1501, Yardley, PA
The Direct Primary Care program is available to employees, non-Medicare retirees, and dependents covered under the following SHBP/SEHBP plans:
- Horizon NJ DIRECT plans
- Horizon SHBP OMNIA plan
- Horizon CWA Unity DIRECT plans
- NJ Educators Health Plan
For questions or to get started call 866-808-6005 or visit www.eversidehealth.com/newjersey.